It may be some weeks yet until Christmas, but I thought we could all use a little holiday cheer and hands-on fun in advance of the season!
If you’re at a complete loss as to what to get your Warcraft playing spouse, friend, or family member, or perhaps simply possessed of the very emptiest pockets this holiday season (and who among us isn’t?), I’ve got the solution to your holiday woes.
Sure, you could send the object of your affection in-game gold, a sparkle pony, or rare drop. But what if you need something a little more tangible to drop in a stocking or push under the tree?
What you need is the Perfect Potion.
- Glass bottle
- Full-sheet printer label
- Food coloring
- Water (or vodka, gin, club soda, or any other clear liquid)
To create your gift, you’ll need to secure some full-sized sheets of adhesive paper or ‘full-sheet printer labels’, which you can pick up at office supply stores, some drugstores, or online ($10 for a pack of 25 sheets). And yes, using the color printer at work would be very, very wrong indeed, and I’d only recommend that if you’re absolutely certain no one’s watching.
You’ll also need glass bottles with stoppers, which are quite unbelievably cheap- I’m talking a dollar or less. You can find glass bottles at any local craft store (Michael’s, say), or find them online. Amazon has a dizzying selection, as do more specialized stores like Specialty Bottle.
Lastly, round up a 3-pack box of assorted color food coloring at your very favorite grocery store, which will set you back the princely sum of $2.39.
Grand Total: $13.39
- Choose one or all of the fabulous designs below, keeping in mind you probably need moar rage. Open the .pdf by clicking on link underneath the image you want.
- Print out aforementioned sheet(s).
- Take out your safety scissors and cut out the label(s) of your choosing. Do not stab self in eye.
- Fill bottle with water. Add food coloring until the effect delights you. Cap that sucker and dry the outside of the bottle thoroughly.
- Affix chosen label(s) to chosen bottle. Delight in the effect. Secretly save the best one for your own desk at work.
- Present to loved one and claim you thought it up all on your own (I don’t mind).
- Bask in the glow of their love.
Please do not reproduce without credit. Not for sale or exchange. Many thanks to my delightful Twitter friends, who were only too happy to point out ways one could meet a grisly end in Azeroth for the Healing Potion label.
If you’re not interested in going through the printing process yourself, all of the above designs are available for purchase at the Disciplinary Action CafePress Store.