Possible spoilers ahead!
Patch 4.0.1 is live on the Public Test Realms (PTR).
You can go copy your character and play around in there and get so excited you’re going to die.
We will be going there directly this evening, copying our priest, and reporting back tonight.
There was nothing specifically about priests in the PTR Patch Notes posted on the forums, but you can read the blue post in its entirety here. Basically, the actual Cataclysm has not yet happened- Dragonwing hasn’t spread his wings of destruction across the continents- but there are enough strange changes to keep us happy for some weeks. For now, here are the known quick-and-dirty changes for the priests:
- The Spellbook interface has changed
- Profession and class training interfaces have been upgraded
- New alerts about which new talents/abilities are available at each level
- Redesigned character pane which can be organized through click-and-drag
- New, toggle-able raid frames (!!!). Access through ‘User Interface’
- Durability has been normalized across armor types so all players pay about the same amount for repairs…😦
- Talent trees have been changed and all points (in both specs, if you’re dual-specced) will be cleared
- MP5 is gone
- There are now three types of glyphs, instead of two
- Spells and abilities scale with level; no more training ranks
- Talent tree overhaul
- Spells overhaul
- Professions overhaul