Revive and Rejuvenate hosts an annual Harvest Festival Bake-Off, in which ordinary Azerothian citizens share the recipes nearest and dearest to them, using only ingredients found in WoW. This year’s winner was Vidyala, with her Unconjured Cinnamon Bun Frost Cookies, but I threw my hat into the ring as well.
I didn’t realize most people had put their recipes on their blogs until I saw the wrap-up post, so here’s my own entry:
‘I LOVE THE SMELL OF ALTERAC IN THE MORNING’ BREAKFAST STRATA
Early-morning strikes put great demands on the battle-hardened veteran. Power bars like [Bellara's Nutterbar] promise fast nutrition, but leave you lagging halfway to the enemy’s stronghold. The Alterac Breakfast Strata is just the thing to provide long-lasting energy to get your blood pumping and bloodlust racing.
- 8 ounces [Spicy Smoked Sausage], casings removed
- 1 medium [Blindweed], or one large onion
- 1/4 cup chopped [Flame Cap], or sundried tomatoes
- [Fishliver Oil] or butter, for the baking dish
- 8 large [Ordinary Eggs]
- 1 cup [Ice Cold Milk]
- 3 leaves of [Mountain Silversage], chopped
- [Salt] and [Pepper], to taste
- 1 loaf of high-quality [Tough Hunk of Bread], sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups shredded [Alterac Swiss] (mozzarella cheese can be subsituted)
- In a large [Cooking Pot] over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring occasionally, and breaking up meat with a spoon, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add blindweed or onion; cook. Stirring, until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes or flamecaps. Transfer to a [Silver Platter]; let cool until barely warm.
- Butter an 8-inch-square [Meatloaf Pan]. In a large [Scrying Bowl], whisk together eggs, milk, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange half the bread in a slightly overlapping layer in bottom of pan. Scatter half the sausage mixture and then half the cheese over the bread. Repeat with remaining bread, sausage, and cheese, pressing firmly. Pour egg mixture over layers. Cover and apply [Deep Freeze] for at least 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Preheat [campfire] to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered, until puffed and golden and a [Fishbone Toothpick] inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Remove with [Murkblood Oven Mitts].
- Wipe your mouth and wipe out your enemies.